This is correct.
There are several services available.
Depends on where you live.
Check: http://lavender.fortunecity.com/lave...eservices.html
R
I think I rad somewhere that you can send your silent processed film off and a recordable sound strip would be put on it so with a record fuction on a projector sound could be put on afterwards. Anyone know anything about this? Is it available now? How much?
Thx
This is correct.
There are several services available.
Depends on where you live.
Check: http://lavender.fortunecity.com/lave...eservices.html
R
So, for animation film (which I plan to do), the fact that sound films arnt made anymore isnt really relevent. I can put sound on afterwards, that amazing.
What is the stripe like? Is it like a tape cassette stripe so I can record again on if I make a mistake?
Any idea of price?
There is a lab in Germany that will put a sound stripe on super 8 originals.You'll need to do a search.Also if you look on ebay you can find do it yourself stripers.I've never tried it myself and it looks like an exercise in sheer frustration.
Kodak used to do it,but disconitued the service and decomissioned their machine some years back.Kind of a shame since their methos,which involved using a paste that was evenly adhered to the film was supposedly superior to the method of using slit recording tape cemented to the film.
This is something you will NOT be able to do if you shoot Fuji single 8 since that is a mylar based stock,something you can only bond anything to ultrasonically.
Marty
You can order the best stripe ever made - the original Agfa F5 here: (It is not a split audio tape- won?t work).
http://www.wittner-kinotechnik.de/ka...rbr/d_s8mm.php
Fuji post stripe Single 8 film still.
R
So, do sound projectors read and write normal cassette tape? out of interest.
If you're going to do this my advice is to pay a little extra and get the balance stripe as well as the main stripe. The balance stripe is narrower and goes on the other edge of the film so it winds onto the reel evenly. Plus I've heard that some projectors will let you record a second channel on the balance stripe for stereo.
<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ March 10, 2004 08:32 PM: Message edited by: Actor ]</font>
So, can re-record onto it?
So Fuji still post stripes?I never knew they did.I always thought that wasn't possible with a mylar base film.
To answer the original question,yes you can re cord and re record on mag stripe all you want.Some projectors even have a sound on sound feature that partially erases a track for re recording.Then,like the other guy said some machines can record another track on the balance stripe.
Marty
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The recording tech is identical but audio tape base will not "glue" to the film using film stripe cement. A projector can technically record on to audio tape.Originally posted by JackMartinEF:
So, do sound projectors read and write normal cassette tape? out of interest.
R
Bookmarks